Red, Green, Blue and Gold Cairo/Mameluk Rug
- late 15th–early 16th century
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- 99 × 87 1/2 in. (2 m 51.46 cm × 2 m 22.25 cm)
- Decorative Arts and Design
- Wendy and Emery Reves Collection - Grand Salon, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Wendy and Emery Reves Collection
- OBJECT NUMBER:
Wendy and Emery Reves's interest in textiles was wide ranging and one of their most distinguished accomplishments, in terms of their textile collection, was in the area of rugs. In total, the Reveses assembled a fine group of approximately thirty rugs during the 1960s and 1970s. The collection remains mostly intact, with twenty-four examples in the Dallas Museum of Art.
Dallas Museum of Art, Decorative Arts Highlights from the Wendy and Emery Reves Collection (Dallas, Texas: Dallas Museum of Art, 1995), 25.