- 19th century-mid 20th century
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- 120 × 53 in. (3 m 4.8 cm × 134.62 cm)
- Decorative Arts and Design
- Wendy and Emery Reves Collection - Belle Chambre, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Wendy and Emery Reves Collection
- OBJECT NUMBER:
In 1985, the Dallas Museum of Art's textile holdings experienced remarkable growth with the addition of The Wendy and Emery Reves extensive decorative arts collection. The Reves textile collection includes European vestments, bed coverings, velvets, silk fabrics, and laces, as well as carpets from Spain, Turkey, Egypt, and India.
Carol Robbins, “Textiles at the Dallas Museum of Art,” in Dallas Museum of Art 100 Years, eds. Dorothy Kosinski, et al. (Dallas, TX: Dallas Museum of Art, 2003), 30.
Watch this video on the art of bobbin lace making.