- c. 1550–1600
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- 153 × 88 1/2 in. (3 m 88.62 cm × 2 m 24.79 cm)
- Decorative Arts and Design
- Wendy and Emery Reves Collection - Great Hall, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Wendy and Emery Reves Collection
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
Similar to another rug in the Reves Collection (1985.R.87), the pattern of this rug was derived from contemporary silk fabrics, but the pomegranate and vine motif is much more stylized. Although the design is more crudely rendered, it has a forcefulness that the other rug in the collection lacks.
Dallas Museum of Art, Decorative Arts Highlights from the Wendy and Emery Reves Collection (Dallas, Texas: Dallas Museum of Art, 1995), 30.
Learn more about the origin of Alcaraz rugs in Spain.