Standing female figure
- 19th century or earlier
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- Copper alloy
- Overall: 4 3/8 x 2 3/4 x 1 5/8 in. (11.11 x 6.99 x 4.13 cm.)
- Arts of the Pacific Islands
- Arts of the Pacific Islands - Indonesia, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, the Roberta Coke Camp Fund
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
The heart-shaped face, circular eyes, and expressive open mouth of this figure are in the tradition of the Dongson culture of Vietnam (c. 600 BCE– 100 CE). The figure’s pose conveys a timeless self-confidence while the large flat feet are eminently functional, enabling her to stand alone.
Roslyn A. Walker, Label text, 2013.