- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- Ceramic with Temmoku glaze
- Height: 3 in. (7.62 cm) Diameter: 7 5/8 in. (19.368 cm)
- Arts of Asia
- Arts of Asia - China, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, gift of Mrs. Alex Camp in memory of Mrs. A.C. Bigger
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
This Song tea bowl is covered in a dark temmoku glaze, which offset the green color of the tea. Such cups have a deliberately casual appearance though they are in fact works of considerable technical complexity.
Anne Bromberg, Dallas Museum of Art: Selected Works (Dallas: Dallas Museum of Art, 1984), 84.