- c. 1750
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- Tin-glazed earthenware
- Height: 9 1/2 in. (24.13 cm) Diameter: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
- Decorative Arts and Design
- American Art - 18th Century, Level 4
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Faith P. and Charles L. Bybee Collection, gift of Faith P. Bybee
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
This bottle may originally have sat in a basin and would have held water for the washing of one's hands and face. It is particularly noteworthy for its Oriental-style decoration.
Charles Venable, Label copy [1992.B.222], 1993.