Quilt (kantha): tree of life
- c. 1910–1920
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- 78 × 58 7/8 in. (1 m 98.12 cm × 149.54 cm)
- Arts of Asia
- Not On View
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, gift of Alta Brenner in memory of her daughter Andrea Bernice Brenner-McMullen
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art.
- OBJECT NUMBER:
This cotton quilt from West Bengal is adorned with a field of flowers in bright colors surrounding an upright linear image that symbolizes the Tree of Life.
- Label text, Crossroads Textile Gallery, 2018.
- Victoria and Albert Museum
Explore the history of kantha quilting in Bengal.