- c. 1790
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- Porcelain, enamel, gilt
- Overall: 8 1/4 x 6 x 5 1/8 in. (20.95 x 15.24 x 13.018 cm)
- Decorative Arts and Design
- Wendy and Emery Reves Collection - Porcelain , Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Wendy and Emery Reves Collection
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
Porcelain coffeepots, like their counterparts for tea, were imported into Europe from China in large quantities. Based on a European (probably English) "lighthouse" form, this coffeepot reflects the Imari-style color combination.
Dallas Museum of Art, Decorative Arts Highlights from the Wendy and Emery Reves Collection (Dallas, Texas: Dallas Museum of Art, 1995), 114.
Label text, Reves Galleries, Porcelain Gallery
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Read more about Chinese Export Porcelain