- 771–256 BCE
- MATERIAL AND TECHNIQUE:
- Stoneware with impressed decoration and accidental ash glaze
- 11 3/4 × 13 1/2 × 13 1/2 in. (29.85 × 34.29 × 34.29 cm)
- Arts of Asia
- Arts of Asia - China, Level 3
- CREDIT LINE:
- Dallas Museum of Art, The Art Museum League Fund
- Image courtesy Dallas Museum of Art
- OBJECT NUMBER:
This jar has been given a dusty brownish gray coloration on the exterior due to a thin glaze formed from the presence of ash in the kiln during firing. A carved wooden block was probably the means by which the surface pattern was impressed.
"Accession," Dallas Museum of Fine Arts Newsletter, December 1973, n.p.