For Students K-12
- This is a sculpture of a horse. What are some differences between a sculpture and a painting?
- How many of you have seen a horse? Where? What was it doing?
- What are other places you would expect to see a horse?
- Horses have hair on top of their head. Do you know what this is called? What do you call a horse's foot?
- If you look closely at the sculpture you should be able to see all its muscles. It appears very strong. Horses often perform very important jobs for us. Can you name some of the jobs? What kind of jobs do you think a horse might have had in the past?
- Imagine that you are trying to ride this horse. What do you think it would be like? Do you think it would be an easy horse to ride? Do you think you would have to be a strong person? What makes you say that?